Sometimes you’ll give content for the sake of giving out something useful just to be helpful, but usually you’ll want to create a plan for your content so that you can profit from it. Sometimes the profit will come directly through a product promotion, other times you might use your content to grow a mailing list so you can profit in future. Whatever your choice, make sure most of the content you publish has a very specific purpose.
That means that every article or piece of content should have some type of call to action. A call to action simply means telling your reader what you want them to do, for example ‘download here’, ‘sign up’ or ‘if you like this please share’.
It may sound obvious to you that they should take an action when they’ve finished reading your article, but you really do need to tell your reader exaclty what to do or they’ll move on without taking any action at all.
As you can see, it’s vital that you plan your content so that it brings you the outcome you want. Here are some ideas for how to do that:
During a Product Launch
- When you’re getting ready to launch a product, plan related content well in advance. That way, you can release a little bit every few days or each week to really build excitement for the product.
- As you release your content, invite your readers to sign up for a notification list so they can get more content and get advanced notice of the new product.
- Try to provide content in a variety of formats through the process. Try PDFs, blog posts, audio, worksheets, video or anything else you think your audience may appreciate. This will help you reach a wider audience and increase the perceived value of the content when your audience sees you releasing all this great and varied material.stuff.
- Remember to ask for feedback and questions through the process. This allows you to overcome any objections to purchasing the product. Publish the answers to questions publicly so others can benefit from the answers too. It will also get more people interested in your product.
General content, when you’re not in ‘launch mode’
- Every article should recommended related products or invite people to sign up for your mailing list.
- Videos should have your URL or some type of offer at the end.
- Reports and ebooks should include a promotion of your business.
- Audios should always include product, website and/or mailing list information.
Always give your readers the opportunity to get more information that they are seeking or buy a product to further help them solve their problem. That way you can help them and your business at the same time. It’s a win:win!